(Redirected from An)
- An (or a) is used when the following word could be any of a certain type. <> Abu guda ɗaya (kamar "an egg").
- I just ate an apple.
- It is indeed an honor to have met you today.
- An is only used if the following word starts with a vowel (e.g., an orange pen not a orange pen).
- (UK) Used before a word that begins with a pronounced h sound (e.g., an historic day).
- If the following word starts with a consonant then we use a instead.
- An is called the indefinite article.