- 1 Notes, links to read or review, things to do, and other priorities:
Main TODO list
- Spirituality & Islam (Islamic related)
- The 99 names of Allah: Google "99 names of allah in Hausa".
- Suratul Kahf
- Bring over all available Pars Today (formerly IRIB Hausa, Iran's official w:International broadcasting radio network) labarai Tafseers (audio and texts) like Quran/18/IRIB_Hausa_Tafsir. When the first 27 or so Surahs are brought over... attempt to record your own Hausa translation of the of http://quraan.us/en/.
- http://hausadictionary.com/Talk:hadith - combine the English and Hausa 40 Hadiths into a single page.
- Transparent Language Hausa Course
- User:HausaDictionary/bbchausa verticals
- HausaDictionary.com wiki links using http://regexr.com/3f40b: Automatically put the double square brackets around (normal) words... haven't yet figured out how to make the regex handle more complex words with things like apostrophes, hyphens, and other special characters. Tagged with wikipedia, mediawiki, Hausa, HausaDictionary.com and authored by HausaDictionary.com
- Learn more advanced wiki linking syntax from Wiktionary:Entry_layout_explained#Meta_data, w:Help:Link, en:Help:Link, and https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Links then work on logically linking every possibly word while on here.
- Fix missing editor toolbar on here, the Simple English Wiktionary. Frustrating how it works as a different user or account but not User:HausaDictionary. Would greatly appreciate it if ANYONE knows how to resolve this. Much thanks in advanced!
- Utilize wiki Watchlists more as way of bookmarking.
- Possible mirror HausaDictionary.com/Category:Resources here or just use the Google cache.
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017
- http://interlitq.org/issue9/volta/hausa/volta.pdf <> http://interlitq.org/issue9/volta/english/volta.pdf
- https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/10/31/digital-transition-how-presidential-transition-works-social-media-age via https://twitter.com/jack/status/821134545671946241
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
- Fix misspelling for tsiro on http://hausadictionary.com/yakuwa
- http://japaneselevelup.com/about/, http://japaneselevelup.com/how-to-learn-japanese-without-anki/
Thursday, January 19th, 2017
- TODO: Filter out of meta description tag Templates, Special pages and others like it for better and more logical SEO
- Basic Hausa Language Course #hausa #languagelearning http://www.slideshare.net/101_languages/hausa-40900332 via @SlideShare
- Thesis paper about Hausa dialects-By A.Sosal A. #differences #kananciandkabancidialects http://www.slideshare.net/Sosal555/thesis-paper-about-hausa-dialectsby-asosal-a via @SlideShare
- Hausa dialects-By A. Sosal A. #differences #hausadialects http://www.slideshare.net/Sosal555/hausa-dialectsby-a-sosal-a via @SlideShare
- Who is Joseph Greenberg aka Joe Greenberg? via https://www.nsa.gov/news-features/declassified-documents/oral-history-interviews/assets/files/nsa-OH-02-79-sinkov.pdf
- See also: https://www.nsa.gov/news-features/declassified-documents/cryptologs/assets/files/cryptolog_78.pdf via Google search of 'site:nsa.gov hausa'
- http://nvtc.gov redirects to https://www.fbi.gov/about/leadership-and-structure/intelligence-branch/national-virtual-translation-center
Friday, January 20th, 2017
- https://blog.busuu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/The_busuu_Study2016.pdf, https://www.busuu.com/en/it-works/university-study
- Some great HausaRadio.net inspiration/model: The Brooklyn Paper (fb, @Brooklyn_Paper, @BklynPaperRadio) owned by Community Newspaper Group (CNG) (source): They seem to use their website, Mixlr, and social media very well! Speaking of which, a great bonus about Mixlr is that it seems it's the only solution that works for audio streaming while at work. Aside from Facebook and Twitter, most of the web like TuneIn and YouTube (accessible but every video may just hang.) is limited or blocked. Mixlr could be used it to stream live audio streams such as the local Hausa radio Radio Gotel, Yola, PGMA, Sunnah Radio and [ more]!
- To possibly improve, grow, and expand HausaDictionary.com, hopefully efficiently, look into automation, WordNet® - a large machine-readable dictionary (MRD) and wikipedia:lexical database for the wikipedia:English language, and APIs like WordsAPI, WordnikAPI.
Thursday, January 26th, 2017
- Makers And Mavericks - 2016
- Köppe Verlag - African Studies / Africanistics, Cultural and Legal Anthropology, History of Christian Missions, and Sociology via Ana's Kanuri book
- "Line Between Nollywood & Kannywood Will Soon Be Invisible" - Ali Nuhu (tns.ng › News › Kannywood)
Fri Jan 27 2017
- 9AM: Gotel program with The Adamawa State Government Commissioner for Animals... Dr. Isa Salihu. Here are a selection of words to define:
- analytics "page value"
Mon Jan 30 2017
- @HausaJobs: Include scholarships... Came across J's scholarship retweet Jan 27th > googled site:studentscholarships.org "Africa" > scholarship "from Nigeria" > http://scholarship-positions.com/scholarships-for-nigerian-students-in-nigeria-and-abroad/. First tweet here... perhaps link tweet/social media to monetized tumblr blog instead of direct.
Fri Feb 3 2017
According to https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wikipedias, the Hausa Wikipedia ranks #230 out of a total of 295 wikipedias! Hausa, the language with a conservative estimate of more than 50 million speakers. The same story follows with other Wikimedia projects such as the Hausa wiktionary. I as a bilingual Hausa English speaking wikipedian gain a lot of benefit from Wikipedia and would love to give back but just can't afford to simply volunteer the amount of time and effort necessary. Thus spawns my own wiki-centric web projects such as HausaDictionary.com (ha.wiktionary.org) and HausaFilms.TV (think IMDb+Wikipedia for the Hausa movie industry). I understand that this defeats the crowd-sourced open nature of Wikis but I just don't see the Hausa projects expanding without any incentives. Would look into proposing a campaign idea via Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire or https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Grants