- (countable) The backbone is the bones in a person's or animal's back. <> ƙashin da ke bayan mutum ko dabba.
- Emerging from between the backbone and the ribs. <> daga tsakanin ƙashin baya da haqarqari. --Qur'an 86:7
- (countable) or (uncountable) If you have backbone, you do not back down easily. You stand up for yourself. <> mai jarunta da cijewa da iya tsayuwa.
- If you had any backbone you wouldn't let people tell you what to do all the time.
- (countable) The backbone of something is what holds it together or makes it strong. <> abun da ke ƙarfafa wani abu. ginshiƙi.
- Customer service is the backbone of our business.