- (UK) IPA: /ˈbɑːs.kɪt.bɔːl/
- (US) IPA: /ˈbæs.kɪt.bɔːl/
basket + ball
- (uncountable) A ball game with two teams of five players. A goal is scored when a player throws the ball into a net (attached to a hoop) at each end of the court.
- I play on my school's basketball team. <> Na yi wasa tare da ƙungiyar wasan kwallon kwandon makaranta na.
- Draymond Green rike da kofin zakarun kwallon kwando na bana tare da Peter Guber 
- (countable) A ball used in the game of basketball.
- Throw the basketball to me.