Pronunciation (Yadda ake faɗi)
- mai sanyi, (especially of dry cold winter season) mai ɗari.
- Cold water. <> Ruwa mai sanyi.
- It is cold. <> Akwai sanyi.
- (countable) A mild sickness. It gives your trouble with your nose and throat.
- He has a cold, so he stayed in bed, kept warm, and took some medicine.
- He has caught a cold. <> Mura ta kama shi.
- (idiomatic) give someone the cold shoulder; A deliberate act of disrespect; a slight or snub <> yi biris da wani. = yi banza da wani.
- freezing (severe cold) <> sanyi mai suka ko tsanani.