- (countable) The constitution of a country or organization is the basic set of laws that explain how all the other laws and rules must be made and followed. <> tsarin mulkin ƙasa. tsarin doka.
- To change the constitution, the government must have the agreement of 2/3 of the members of parliament.
- (countable) The constitution of a person or object is the qualities that best define that person or object. <> hujja da dokoki.
- His stubborn constitution led him into a number of conflicts he could have avoided.
- You’ll need a strong constitution, because you’ll likely be searching for someone to take responsibility for the problem —  <> Kana bukatar kafa hujja da dokoki saboda akwai yiwuwar zaka yi ta neman wanda zai dauki alhakin matsalar — 
- (state of health) halin jiki.