- A land that is controlled by a government.
- (usually "the country") (uncountable) Places outside or far from cities; the type of place where farms are. The countryside. <> ƙauye.
- We live way out in the country. <> Muna zama a can ƙauye.
- I come from the country, so I don't like the busy city.
- (informal) (uncountable) A certain place, in general. <> wajen abu.
- You're in Nascar country now.
- We're away from civilization and in God's country.
- (informal) (uncountable) A kind of (mostly American) music started by people who lived far from cities. Short for country music. <> wani salon kiɗa da waƙa a Amurka.
- I've been listening to a lot of country this month.