- You use else to show that something is not the same one as another thing. <> kuma (wajen tambaya ko magana mara matuƙa, irin su wani, kome, kowa)
- Who else is coming? <> Sai wa kuma zai zo?
- nothing else <> ba kuma wani abu = ba wani abu kuma.
- Else is used only after words beginning with some-, every-, any-, and no-, after question words, and after much, little, and all.
- You use x or else y to say that if x doesn't happen or isn't true, y would happen or would be true.
- They don't want to be here or else they would have come. <> Ba su so su zo, shi ya sa da sun zo.
- You use or else to say that if something doesn't happen, it will be bad.
- You'd better clean your room, or else. <> Ka fa gyara ɗakin ka fa.