- A supercilious or haughty attitude; arrogance.
- A building or room where dead bodies are kept before their proper burial or cremation, (now) particularly in legal and law enforcement contexts. <> macuware, wajen ajiyar gawarwaki.
- Synonym: mortuary
- ...announced it had built a morgue. <>ta ba da sanarwar kera macuware --bbchausa_verticals/083-inside-the-minds-of-the-dead
- Would a doctor simply agree to differ if one of his colleagues continued to believe he could go straight from handling dead bodies in a morgue to examining sick patients in a hospital ward? <> Likita haka kawai zai yarda da ra’ayoyin abokan aikinsa idan ɗaya yana da ra’ayin cewa ya je nan da nan bayan ya yi aiki a kan gawa a gidan ajiye gawa sa’an nan ya ci gaba da bincika majiyyata? 
- The archive and background information division of a newspaper.