Pronunciation (Yadda ake faɗi)
- A place where two things meet but are still able to move. <> magami.
- The joints need to be oiled. <> Magamin na bukatar mai.
- (anatomy) Any part of the body where two bones join, sometimes letting that part of the body to be bent or straightened. <> gaɓa
- (carpentry) A way to join two pieces of wood together so that they interlock.
- (slang) A bar, restaurant, or nightclub. <> wajen shaye-shaye ko shagon abinci ko kulob.
- It was the kind of joint you wouldn't want your boss to see you in. <> Irin waje ne da ba za ka so shugabanka ya ganka.
- (slang); (always with 'the') Prison; jail. <> kurkuku, gidan kaso.
- I'm not breaking any more laws because I don't want to go back to the joint. <> Ba zan ƙara karya wasu dokoki ba saboda ba na son in koma gidan kaso.
- (smokin); (slang) A marijuana cigarette. <> wata sunar tabar marijuana.
- Let's smoke a joint and then go skateboarding.
- take joint action <> haɗa kai bisa sha'ani.