Pronunciation (Yadda ake faɗi)
- masihirci, mai sihiri, matsafi <> (fantasy) (countable) A magician is a man who uses magic, who has magical or mystical powers.
- Similarly, there came not to those before them any messenger except that they said, "A magician or a madman." <> Kamar haka dai wani Manzo bai jẽ wa waɗanda ke gabãninsu ba fãce sun ce: "Mai sihiri ne kõ mahaukaci." = Kamar haka, sa’ad da wani manzo ya je zuwa ga mutanen zamanin da, suka ce, “Masihirci ne,” ko kuwa “Mahaukaci.” --Qur'an 51:52
- who will bring you every learned magician." <> "su zo maka da duka matsafi, mai ilmi." = [ 7:112 ] "bari su gayyato kowane qoraren masihirci." --Qur'an 7:112
- mai dabo, ɗan tsubbu, ɗan rufa-ido <> (countable) A magician is a person who does things that seem magical, but that are in fact tricks.
- Synonym: trickster
- Magicians do not want reveal their secrets because their shows would become less interesting and mysterious since everybody could understand what happens.
- Even though Egypt’s magic-practicing priests were able to duplicate Jehovah’s first two plagues, what were they forced to admit after the third plague? <> (a) Ko da yake masu sihiri na Masar sun yi irin annoba na biyu na fari, menene suka ce bayan annoba ta uku?
- ƙwararre a wani abu, hatsabibi <> (metaphorical) (countable) A magician is a very skilled person, in one area or more.
- (countable) A person who is mysterious.