- (usually before the noun) The original person or thing, happened or existed before others of its kind. <> na asali, na ainihi. , na farko (first).
- The translation doesn't correspond to the original speech. <> Fassarar ba ta dace da jawabi na ainihi ba. 
- The book has been translated from the original Russian version.
- The police were able to return to the goods to the original owners.
- If something is original, it is new and creative. <> sabo.
- Mendelssohn's C minor Trio is a highly original work.
- If you are original, you are creative and different from other people. <> mai hikima ko azanci ko dabara ko tunani daban.
- He's one of Canada's most original thinkers.
- (countable) An original is a piece of writing or a work of art that is not a copy. <> littafi ko rubutun na asali, na ainihi.
- I'll give you a copy and we'll keep the original here.