Pronunciation (Yadda ake faɗi)
Plain form (yanzu)
3rd-person singular (ana cikin yi)
Past tense (ya wuce)
Past participle (ya wuce)
Present participle (ana cikin yi)
- To reward or repay (someone) for something done, given etc. <> saka wa.
- He recompensed me for my kindness. <> Ya saka mini saboda alherin da na yi masa.
- To give compensation for an injury, or other type of harm or damage. <> bada diyya.
- The judge ordered the defendant to recompense the plaintiff by paying $100.
- (transitive) To give (something) in return; to pay back; to pay, as something earned or deserved.
- An equivalent returned for anything given, done, or suffered; compensation; reward; amends; requital. <> sakamako, sakayya, lada.
- That which compensates for an injury, or other type of harm or damage. <> diyya.
- He offered money as recompense for the damage, but what the injured party wanted as recompense was an apology.