Third person singular
- To go quickly, with both feet off the ground at one time. <> yi gudu, tafi/tafiya da sauri.
- I must run. <> Dole na yi gudu.
- To function (said of a machine). <> gudana da yin aiki.
- The car runs well. <> Motar tana aiki ƙwarai.
- To flee, run away. <> tsira da gudu, tsere, ruga, guje.
- tafiyar da, gudanar da <> to run an operation.
- Run a business <> Tafiyar da ciniki.
- to run for office <> shiga takara.
- A trip made by a runner; compare to walk. <> gudu.
- I’m going for a run. <> Zan tafi gudu.
- (baseball) A run in baseball is when a batter safely touches home plate.
- (cricket) A run in cricket is scored when the batsmen run between the two wickets.
- (theatre) An unbroken course of performances or showings.
- The musical had a long run on Broadway.