Audio (US) (file)
- A vote is a formal way of choosing things that are controlled by the majority. <> zaɓe / zaɓi
- Let's take a vote for a new president!
- A vote is the decision of one person in an election.
- I give my vote for the bill.
Plain form (yanzu)
3rd-person singular (ana cikin yi)
Past tense (ya wuce)
Past participle (ya wuce)
Present participle (ana cikin yi)
- (transitive & intransitive) If you vote, you show your support for choosing a person or idea by raising your hand, marking a piece of paper, etc. <> yi zaɓe / zaɓi
- My brother votes for the Democrats.
- I voted to oppose the new property tax.