Plain form (yanzu)
3rd-person singular (ana cikin yi)
Past tense (ya wuce)
Past participle (ya wuce)
Present participle (ana cikin yi)
- If you wrap something you cover it with something like paper or cloth. This might be done by winding the paper or cloth over it. <> yafa, ƙunshe, naɗa.
- I wrapped the gifts in paper.
- The string was wrapped around a stick.
- If you wrap something up you finish it. <> kammala, gama.
- We need to wrap up this meeting and get back to work.
- A piece of clothing that you can wrap around your body to keep warm. <> ƙunshe, naɗi.
- Something you wrap things in; a wrapper. <> ledar rufewa ko takardar rufe.
- I bought some giftwrap from the gift.
- A food wrapped in soft bread. <> ƙunshen abincin da ke cikin burodi.
- I had a chicken wrap for lunch.
- You can say, "That's a wrap!" to say you have finished something.
This woman is helping a girl put on a type of wrap called a sari